However before I get into the details of this great reader driven contest for a limited amazon contract I want to ask the horror fans that make up Horror Nation to take a moment and click on the links throughout or in the author pic (by Danielle Tunstall ) above to vote for long time friend of Horror nation and his latest work The Harrison Paradox, it's free, takes just a second and is a great way to show support to an indy author. The Harrison Paradox is sci-fi with a side of horror. We here have long been fans of Fatman Butters unique and often irreverent voice and would love to see readers of Horror Nation behind him. I will be offering a full review of The Harrison Paradox in the not too distant future, but in the meantime here's a teaser; "Deliciously complex, beautifully uncomplicated The Harrison Paradox is a sophisticated tale that will leave science fiction fans begging for more!"
"Kindle Scout is reader-powered publishing for new, never-before-published books. It’s a place where readers help decide if a book receives a publishing contract. Selected books will be published by Kindle Press and receive 5-year renewable terms, a $1,500 advance, 50% eBook royalty rate, easy rights reversions and featured Amazon marketing.
Kindle Scout is new, and we look forward to consistently improving the experience for authors and readers...
What are the basics?
A book is a new, never-before-published work of 50,000 words or more that you’d like to see published.
An author is the person who has written and submitted a book to Kindle Scout.
Readers scout the site and nominate books they want to see published.
Nominations are how readers show support for a book. Readers can nominate up to three books at a time.
A campaign is a 30-day scouting period during which readers nominate books to be published.
The Kindle Scout team makes the final call on which books are published by Kindle Press.
Kindle Press publishes the books discovered through Kindle Scout.
How does Kindle Scout work?
Authors who want to get their books published submit to Kindle Scout and accept the Submission & Publishing Agreement. The first pages (about 5,000 words) from each book are posted on the Kindle Scout website for a 30-day scouting period where readers can nominate up to three books at a time. The more nominations a book receives, the more likely it gets discovered by the Kindle Scout team. If selected, the book will be published by Kindle Press and all the readers who nominated the book will receive an early, free copy and be invited to leave reviews.
How does Kindle Scout benefit writers?
Kindle Press authors receive:
- Guaranteed advance & competitive royalties: Kindle Press offers a $1,500 advance and 50% eBook royalty rate. Royalties will be paid monthly.
- Focused formats: Kindle Press acquires worldwide publication rights for eBook and audio formats in all languages. Authors retain all other rights, including print rights.
- 5-year renewable terms, $25,000 in royalties: If a book doesn't earn $25,000 in royalties during an author’s initial 5-year contract term, or any 5-year renewal term after that, the author can choose to stop publishing with us.
- Easy rights reversions: After two years, e-book rights that remains unpublished, or all rights to any book that earns less than $500 in total royalties in the preceding 12-month period, can be reverted upon request — no questions asked. After 90 days, audio and translation rights that remain unpublished can be reverted upon request.
- Early downloads & reviews: One week prior to release date, everyone who nominated a book that is published by Kindle Press will receive a free copy and be invited to leave reviews.
- Featured Amazon marketing: Kindle Press books will be enrolled and earn royalties for participation in the Kindle Owners' Lending Library and Kindle Unlimited as well as be eligible for targeted email campaigns and promotions.
How does Kindle Scout benefit readers?
Kindle Scout readers get to preview new, never-before-published books and influence which ones are made available to millions of readers on Amazon. In addition, any time a reader's nomination gets published, they will receive a free copy.
Amazon continues on with a few additional points regarding kindlescout but this gives you a very good general idea of what authors can vie for and the strong opportunity that Amazon is offering. If you'd like to read the rest of the kindlescout information click the Amazon image link above.